Photo

Why is my iPhone 5 going straight to voicemail?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty
  • Brambletonian
  • 663 posts
  • Joined 23-April 08

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

Any ideas why my iPhone 5 doesn't ring and instead goes straight to voicemail? It can be right next to me and suddenly a voicemail message will pop up - no ring. This happens upstairs or downstairs with anywhere from 2 to 4 bars on the phone and my husband's phone - same phone, same carrier (AT&T) has none of these issues. I had AT&T check the SIM card and clean the phone a couple days ago but that didn't do the trick. Help!  

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

#2 ColesMug

ColesMug
  • Brambletonian
  • 1,138 posts
  • Joined 23-September 05

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:03 AM

Maybe your do not disturb is turned on?  If you hit settings there is a DND toggle there 4th line down.  Just a guess...

#3 Miss Kitty

Miss Kitty
  • Brambletonian
  • 663 posts
  • Joined 23-April 08

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Maybe your do not disturb is turned on?  If you hit settings there is a DND toggle there 4th line down.  Just a guess...

Thanks, I checked and it's not. There was an update so I did that a couple days ago too just in case. I'm wondering if my house is a bit of a dead zone even though it looks like I have signal. 

Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

#4 Gotta Get Down

Gotta Get Down
  • Brambletonian
  • 6,283 posts
  • Joined 08-November 05

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:22 AM

That happens with my phone sometimes.  Or maybe your smartphone is so smart it senses when you don't want to talk to people.

Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows -- Helen Keller

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users