Arcola Center plans updated

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 backstage7

backstage7
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:18 PM

So it looks like the developer updated their Arcola Center plans as of May 2011. The store layout has changed compared to the earlier plans. Lowe's has moved next to the proposed Target, and Kohl's has jumped across the street from Dulles Landing to Arcola Center.

Not sure what this means re: getting this project off the ground, but I'll take any progress at this point. Maybe we'll see something by 2013.

New plans:

http://www.thearcola... (MAY 2011).pdf

Old plans:

http://www.klnb.com/propDocs/4968.aspx

#2 MFLetou

MFLetou
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined 18-February 06

Posted 28 July 2011 - 08:55 PM

Things are happening on this--there is hope. This is a much-needed project for the Dulles South region. In addition to providing better access to commercial services for residents, it will help Loudoun retain much needed sales tax dollars that Fairfax is currently collecting at Chantilly Crossing and other shopping venues.

#3 vtnard

vtnard
  • 3,912 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05
  • Interests:pooping

Posted 28 July 2011 - 10:37 PM

I will believe it when I see them break ground....Though nice to see Chick-fila is still on the plan
** I'd tell you to go to Hell but I work there and I don't want to have to see you everyday **

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Got a, got a nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for three years? Huh? Got a, got a compelling protagonist? Yeah? Got a obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Got a story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

#4 Bo-Peep

Bo-Peep
  • Brambletonian
  • 6,894 posts
  • Joined 23-August 06

Posted 29 July 2011 - 07:14 AM

I wonder if they are taking so long because they are trying to figure out the most intricate way to F up the in/outflow of traffic to the center.
You Don't Poke Crazy

#5 mdcrim

mdcrim
  • 143 posts
  • Joined 19-September 08

Posted 29 July 2011 - 11:41 AM

I wonder if they are taking so long because they are trying to figure out the most intricate way to F up the in/outflow of traffic to the center.

Yep, that's a prerequisite in Loudoun County!

#6 noel04z06

noel04z06
  • Brambletonian
  • 105 posts
  • Joined 21-February 10

Posted 31 July 2011 - 06:08 PM

Anything has to be better than the cluster that is the Walmart/Sams/Lowes/Chickfila in Sterling. I sat in traffic for over 15 mins trying to get out of the Lowes parking lot. What a joke!

#7 backstage7

backstage7
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 31 July 2011 - 08:43 PM

Actually we may luck out on this one... the developer's plans and the Loudoun County CTP seem to agree that Brambletonians would access the shopping centers without touching LoCo or Route 50. We'd be sneaking in the backdoor if you will - Belmont Ridge > Evergreen Mills > Arcola Blvd > Dulles South Pkwy (Developer's name) or Glascock Blvd (CTP's name). The hoards of people from the South Riding area would need to use the future cloverleaf at LoCo/50 and then turn from LoCo to Glascock. Of course with no money to build roads, it's going to be a few years at the least.

Oh yeah, and "Glascock Blvd"? I'm afraid to Google the origin of that one.

http://www.loudoun.g...path=/Comp Plan

#8 phillyfan

phillyfan
  • 69 posts
  • Joined 11-June 06

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:41 PM

Anything has to be better than the cluster that is the Walmart/Sams/Lowes/Chickfila in Sterling. I sat in traffic for over 15 mins trying to get out of the Lowes parking lot. What a joke!

Make a right to make a left. Just like Jersey!!

#9 cdmurphy

cdmurphy
  • Brambletonian
  • 11,557 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 31 July 2011 - 09:58 PM

Protip: Go right. Drive between Sams Club and Walmart. Use the back entrance to get back out to Atlantic Blvd.

#10 MFLetou

MFLetou
  • 4,664 posts
  • Joined 18-February 06

Posted 31 July 2011 - 10:32 PM

And now Atlantic connects all the way through to Waxpool--so its easier to go right anyway.

#11 mdr227

mdr227
  • 76 posts
  • Joined 20-December 07

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:07 AM

I would much rather have the Target in the first phase and not Lowe's since we have Home Depot right down the road and the Target off of Waxpool is a pain to get in and out of. I hope D's Sporting Goods is still in the plans as it doesn't appear on the new site plan. Having two 130K plus sq foot stores (Target and Lowe's) right next to each other also takes away the ability to easily walk to different stores and park in one location. Does anyone know the current timeline for the Arcola Center and Dulles Landing?

#12 vtnard

vtnard
  • 3,912 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05
  • Interests:pooping

Posted 01 August 2011 - 04:58 PM

I would much rather have the Target in the first phase and not Lowe's since we have Home Depot right down the road and the Target off of Waxpool is a pain to get in and out of. I hope D's Sporting Goods is still in the plans as it doesn't appear on the new site plan. Having two 130K plus sq foot stores (Target and Lowe's) right next to each other also takes away the ability to easily walk to different stores and park in one location. Does anyone know the current timeline for the Arcola Center and Dulles Landing?

Yea..... when hell freezes over..... seriously though, I dont think that place is going anywhere for several yrs.
** I'd tell you to go to Hell but I work there and I don't want to have to see you everyday **

How you uh, how you comin' on that novel you're working on? Huh? Got a a big, uh, big stack of papers there? Got a, got a nice litte story you're working on there? Your big novel you've been working on for three years? Huh? Got a, got a compelling protagonist? Yeah? Got a obstacle for him to overcome? Huh? Got a story brewing there? Working on, working on that for quite some time? Huh? Yeah, talking about that three years ago. Been working on that the whole time? Nice little narrative? Beginning, middle, and end? Some friends become enemies, some enemies become friends? At the end your main character is richer from the experience? Yeah? Yeah? No, no, you deserve some time off.

#13 backstage7

backstage7
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 01 August 2011 - 08:53 PM

The good news is we'll be swimming in Target stores soon. Moorefield Station will be getting a Target in 2007. Oh, wait...

#14 http200

http200
  • Brambletonian
  • 195 posts
  • Joined 12-June 10

Posted 01 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

I agree I'd rather have costco or dicks instead of lowes, not like I'd go anyway traffic on belmont ridge to turn into evergreen will make this a 45 min trip..

#15 vacliff

vacliff
  • 131 posts
  • Joined 25-October 06

Posted 01 August 2011 - 10:23 PM

Oh yeah, and "Glascock Blvd"? I'm afraid to Google the origin of that one.
[

Glascock Field is the name of the little grass airstrip at the northwest corner of Rte 659/Rte50.

#16 cdmurphy

cdmurphy
  • Brambletonian
  • 11,557 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 02 August 2011 - 05:51 AM

Glascock Field is the name of the little grass airstrip at the northwest corner of Rte 659/Rte50.

The person who made it was named Delmas Glascock. http://www.airfields...un.htm#glascock

#17 oaksandmaples

oaksandmaples
  • Brambletonian
  • 4,095 posts
  • Joined 28-August 05

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:03 AM

The person who made it was named Delmas Glascock. http://www.airfields...un.htm#glascock

So interesting! Thanks for the info.

#18 Mannix

Mannix
  • 756 posts
  • Joined 25-June 10
  • Interests:Muscle cars, fast boats, martinis, shining my boots and tweed

Posted 02 August 2011 - 06:37 AM

Is anyone afraid that we're going to get so much commercial property around us that we'll turn into Chantilly? I am
mantra plus yantra equals tantra

#19 backstage7

backstage7
  • 23 posts
  • Joined 15-March 10

Posted 02 August 2011 - 09:17 PM

Thanks! I had no idea. That plane at Gum Springs/50 makes so much more sense now.

#20 NumberSix

NumberSix
  • Brambletonian
  • 8,477 posts
  • Joined 08-September 05

Posted 03 August 2011 - 11:19 AM

Protip: Go right. Drive between Sams Club and Walmart. Use the back entrance to get back out to Atlantic Blvd.

That's a horrible suggestion. IGNORE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users